Spring Into Day Drinking
by Haley Manker
It’s no surprise: I’m probably as much of a morning person as a morning person can get. It will also come as no surprise that I’m a total brunch fanatic. This typically means that this time of year I get way too excited when daylight saving time rolls around. An extra hour of daylight means an extra hour of activities, and day drinking happens to be one of my favorite activities. Of course I’m going to miss all the long winter nights filled with robust, rich, and satisfying stouts, but it’s time for a change.
At Cappy’s, no matter your tastes, you’re going to find something you enjoy in our aisles. And with our staff’’s diverse tastes and preferences in alcohol, we know you’ll walk away happy, whether you’re looking for liquor, wine, beer, or mead. We love making suggestions to customers. So, in the spirit of daylight saving time and day drinking in general, here are just some of the things we’re sippin’ on when day drinking calls:
- Rekordelig Cider – Mixed Berry – 4.5%
- Cigar City Brewing – Guayabera – Citra Pale Ale – 5.5%
- Coronado Brewing – Weekend Vibes – IPA -6.8 %
- Clown Shoes – Mangö – American Kolsch – 5.5%
- Urban Artifact – Squeezebox – Strawberry Midwest Fruit Tart Ale -8.6 %
- Farnese Fantini Swarovski Gran Cuvee Spumante Rose – Sparkling Rose – 12% Alc Vol
- Karrikin Shuga Rum – 40% Alc Vol | 80 Proof
- Watershed Guild Gin – 44% Alc Vol
I’m going to go ahead and share one of my personal favorite cocktails for day drinking. It’s floral, it’s fruity, it’s balanced, and it’s boozy. The Gilded Squeezebox is going to be a staple in my home and is the perfect way to spring into daylight saving on the right foot:
- 1 ½ fl oz of Watershed Guild Gin
- ½ fl oz of lime juice
- 8 fl oz of Urban Artifact Squeezebox
Combine the gin and lime juice in a shaker with ice, shake for thirty seconds, strain into a chilled pint glass filled with the beer.
You’ve got another hour of daylight, which means another hour of sun to head to Cappy’s and grab some libations to enjoy on our patio or in the comfort of your home.